St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church
Our Advent series is "The Celebration of the Light of Christ" which highlights the meaning of the Advent wreath. That theme will be developed every week in our regular schedule of services on Thursday @ 7:00 PM; Saturday at Key To Life @ 5:00 PM, and Sunday @ 7:45 and 10:30 AM. Use these worship opportunities each week to help you prepare for the Christmas season and for the 2nd arrival of Christ our King!
Worship this Week:
We continue preparing our hearts to celebrate Christmas as we gather for worship this fourth and final Sunday in Advent. Our worship is focusing on the Advent wreath following the theme, “Celebrate the Light of the Coming Christ.” This week in our Thursday and Sun-day 7:45 am service we will consider the Angel’s Candle. Sunday’s late service will feature the Sunday JAM children and some of our teens as they share the Christmas gospel with us.
Sunday’s Spiritual Growth Highlights:
We continue to offer Bible Classes for all ages between the Sunday services. Here is this Sunday’s schedule:
- Adult Class: This Sunday we conclude the study titled “Heaven & Hell” in the large room in the basement by answering a few more common questions about the life to come. … Pastor Mahnke continues in the basement room by the kitchen the Bible Information Class, “Life’s Big Questions” with lesson #3 “How do I get ready to die?”. All are wel-come to come for a review of the Holy Spirit’s work.
- Sunday JAM & Junior Teen: Our children and teens are preparing for the their Christ-mas service scheduled for this Sunday’s late service.
Highlight For This Week
Christmas For Kids Recap— About 50 children attended last Saturday’s “Christmas for Kids” program. The Family Min-istry Board thanks everyone who helped make it a great event for all who came. Pastor Mahnke and the Outreach Board have already made some follow up contacts, and we’ve added about 5 families to our prospect list!
Christmas Concert—We are invited to Northland Lutheran’s annual Christmas concert this Sunday at 3:00 pm.
Worship The Christ Child— Our services on Christmas Eve are at 4:00, 6:00 & 10:00 pm. Our service on Christmas Day will include Holy Communion and will begin at 10:00 am.
Christmas Break—Please note there will not be a service at Key to Life on Saturday, December 27. There won’t be any Bible Classes on Sunday, December 29, either. Our St Peter Lutheran School will be on Christmas break beginning Tuesday, Dec 23 at noon. . Classes will resume on Monday, January 5.
Visitors For Christmas—Please invite your friends, neighbors and co-workers to join us for worship on Christmas Eve! This weekend we will have available special invitations that you can share. … Anticipating many visitors on Christmas Eve and especially for the 4:00 pm service: please consider parking a bit farther away from church so we leave spaces in the lots for guests. Thank you for your Christian love and understanding!
What's Coming Up at St. Peter
- Sunday JAM Christmas Service: 12/21 @ 10:30 am
- Northland’s Christmas Concert: 12/21 @ 3:00 pm
- Christmas Eve Worship: 21/24 @ 4:00, 6:00 & 10:00 pm
- Christmas Day Worship: 12/25 @ 10:00 am with Holy Communion
- New Year’s Eve Worship: 12/31 @ 5:00 pm with Holy Communion at the altar
- Sunday JAM & New Adult Bible Class on the Augsburg Confession begins: 1/4 @ 9:10 am
- New Member Seminar: 1/10 9:00-12 noon
- New Member Sunday: 1/18 (potluck dinner to follow late service)
- Stewardship Sundays: 1/25 & 2/1